April 29, 2009

crossed off the list

Pin It now! i'm just going to list what we've already finished:

1. Dress. for me, this was the most special part of this wedding planning (besides marrying Michael of course!). my dress shopping experience was short and sweet. my mom and i started off at Cinderella Bridals in matawan. I tried on about 8 dresses and fell in love with the very first one. without showing any pics, i can describe it as organic and fit for a chic bride. (ugh, i'm so lame!) the top is beaded and has an empire waist. the middle is rouched and the bottom is a-line shaped made of organza and silk. i have to say it over and over again...I LOVE MY DRESS! it's sadly sitting in the bridal shop though, lonely and waiting to be fitted and worn. on may 21, i'm going for my first fitting. i'm crossing my fingers that i don't have to do a lot of alterations.

2. Cake baker. we ended up with palermo's bakery in ridgefield park. we're getting a 4 tiered, triple filling vanilla cake with cannoli filling and buttercream frosting. we're also having a tray of italian pastries for each table. and since it's michael's birthday, we're also having a small chocolate cake. dessert wasn't the most important thing on our menu, but now that it's all set i can't wait. i think we made some really delicious choices.
** in an earlier post, i mentioned we were going with carlo's bakery. we went for a tasting and buddy the baker quoted us a crazy number that was way out of budget. the only interaction we'll be having with buddy is watching him on the food network during one of those wedding cake challenges. good luck to him!

3. Officiant. my co-worker anthony was ordained as a reverend to perform a wedding for his friend. when i found out, i asked him right away to do our wedding. i love how we found someone who kinda knew us and had some kind of relationship rather than a random person i found online.

4. Save the dates (you'll have to wait for a later post)

5. Maid of Honor dress. my sister is the moh (did i already post that?). she found this beautiful dress from banana republic. it's so her and great for the summer. my jr. bridesmaid, cousin alexandra, will be wearing a similar dress that my mom, hopefully, will be able to alter.

wow, is that all i've finished...i need to get my bum into gear and start checking things off the list

No comments: