February 20, 2011

The Weekend

Pin It now!
My trips to TJMaxx have become weekly occurrences.  I end up returning a lot of things though (I hope they don't track people who do multiple returns because I'm the queen of returns).  This week, I found hand towels for the guest bathroom that match the shape and color of the tiles perfectly.  I bought a few pillows and there's a dark hunter green one that I've fallen in love with.  The problem is...there was only one.  My Mom is on the lookout for another one in the NJ store.  Keep your eyes open my darlings!  There was also a pair of robin egg blue lamps which I regret not buying.  They are so adorable and perfect for the living room.  Other finds that I passed on: emerald green accent chair (a little steep at $499), bright spring pillows, dusty grey/blue pillows that would be great for the bedroom and a few more lamps.
Other finds that I passed on: emerald green accent chair (a little steep at $499), bright spring pillows, dusty grey/blue pillows that would be great for the bedroom and a few more lamps. 
















After a fabulous night out with Cyndi, which was full of dancing and laughs (mostly at the expense of others), I headed home proudly at 2:30am.  I haven't been out that late for a long time and I have to say that I was really proud for staying out so late.  Plus, it was one of those great nights where we just randomly picked a place to start at and ended up dancing to Justin Bieber ("baby baby baby") while drinking Malibu Baybreezes (ok, I didn't but it sounded better if I did too).  Top night.

On Sunday, I went with my parents to their soon-to-be home in Queens.  They're trying to sell the house in NJ ('tears') and will be heading back to Queens.  The new place needs a complete overhaul and re-do (which I'll be posting about as its own MMINY series of course), but it was great to see the "before".  The previous owner was an older lady who has since moved into a nursing home.  She's been there since the building went co-op many many years ago.  A lot of the furniture is old and dated, but there were a few really wonderful pieces that I hope my parents keep and update.  One was a set of upholstered Victorian-style chairs.  How beautiful would these look if they got a little modern update - maybe a darker stain with a different fabric?  Another piece was a solid wood bureau.  It is beautifully ornate and I think a dark stain would bring it back to the current decade.  More to come...


Today, after a delicious brunch of cream of tomato soup (with basil oil that absolutely made it yummy) and a bresaola and fig jam paninni with M and C at inoteca in Gramercy, we headed to Housing Works on 23rd Street.  There was the cutest set of loveseats.  Perfect for the den...  I also saw a very similar-looking set of antiqued dressers to the ones in the Queens apartment.
















By the way, a side note... I've always pronounced bresaeola as "brah-jzol"  with two syllables (it's the Jersey in me).  The waitress looked at me and corrected me.  I asked hubby how he pronounces it...the same as I do (it's the S.I. in him).  I googled it and in "real" Italian, it's pronounced "bres-sai-o-la".  Who knew.

No comments: