March 31, 2011

Quarterly Review

Pin It now! At work, I do a lot of reviews on a quarterly basis so I figure I might as well do the same for my personal life.  Keeps me in check and I make sure I'm pushing myself.  Ok, remember I made a to-do list back in January?  I think I'm doing pretty well.

Work - It's been five months in my new role and I really love it.  It's definitely challenging and things aren't second nature yet, but I feel like I'm sinking into the role.  I'm an impatient person though and when my mind runs faster than my body or faster than the skills I can acquire, I just want to get there already.  I know, patience is a virtue... The new role has allowed me to develop new and existing relationships which was the key thing I was lacking from my old position.  I really love that I have a foot in the door and not invisible to the right people. 

Fluent in Cantonese - Not yet, but I did sign up for a class that begins in mid-April  More to come.

52 Week Project - So far so good!  I absolutely love this item on my list.  Every week I look forward to figuring out where and what to photograph.  I'm trying not to be too cliche and am trying to find things that are outside the ordinary course.  I think I might start photographing things beyond places in NYC and items that are relevant to what's happening in my life for that week (like the blood oranges).

A few other things that I'm adding...
Running.  I'm up to 2 miles and getting pass the two mile mark is definitely motivating me to keep pushing to the full 3.1 miles for the Special Olympics Lincoln Tunnel Challenge in a couple of weeks.  Unlike two years ago, I think I can actually run the entire thing!

Writing.  I'm not sure how to go about this one.  I want to write more, and something along the lines of a legal article for work or relevant Brooklyn articles for the Examiner (no, this blog doesn't count).  I'm still figuring this one out so if you have any suggestions, let me know!  On top of writing more substantively, I also want to document more of my family's story.  I'm pretty sure I may have said I wanted to do this last year and I keep putting off starting the project.  So now it's on the to-do list...

No comments: