April 17, 2011

Ran the 5K Today

Pin It now! I did it!  I know many people don't have to train for a 5K and can easily run 3.1 miles.  I, on the other hand, have trained for the last month and a half, and ran my first 5K today after two years of being out of shape.  It felt good!  I started barely running a mile when I first started a couple of months ago and it was so nice to finish the entire race today.  I'm motivated now (since I know I can actually run the entire race!) and am signed up for the Corporate Challenge in June.  I can't wait until it starts getting nice outside so I can run outside.  Brooklyn is building up its waterfront into more parks and it'll be gorgeous to have the Manhattan skyline as my running partner.

Running the Lincoln Tunnel Challenge was challenging but a lot of fun.  You can't usually walk through tunnels so running a race through one was extra fabulous.  And the weather cleared up - with yesterday's torrential rain, I thought we would get rained out, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. 

No comments: