June 27, 2011

The Weekend

Pin It now! Last weekend of June...Mr. M and I tried the new restaurant Two Door Tavern on Friday and took advantage of their great happy hour.  $5 drinks, a HUGE bowl of mussels that fed four people and Maine Lobster Mac & Cheese as their Friday night dinner special.  I also had, for the second time last week, fried pickles.  I've never had so many fried pickles since I moved to Brooklyn - it's like water here.  Plus, I have to repeat that the Friday night dinner special was fabulous.  There were huge chunks of lobster in the mac & cheese - I'm definitely headed back next Friday for another helping.

On Saturday, we celebrated my brother's birthday with dinner at Social Eatz, birthday cupcakes from Crumbs, and drinking and dancing at Volstead.  Dinner at Social Eatz was ridiculous - bulgogi burgers, bibimbop burgers, finger-licking good ribs (seriously, one of the most delicious), and lots and lots of fries.  We had a few issues with the manager at Volstead who wasn't as accommodating as he should have been, but after a few drinks, we were happy and partied the rest of the night.  It was nice to see my brother having fun - he deserves it!  Happy Birthday bro!

No comments: