August 12, 2011

Lemon Thyme Roast Chicken & Caramelized Onion Mango Sweet Potato Salad

Pin It now!
One of my favorite go-to recipes is Ina Garten's Perfect Roast  Chicken.  It takes little prep time and once prepped, you just pop it in the oven.  No fuss.  I first saw her prepare it on Barefoot Contessa while I was in law school and since then I've used this recipe, sometimes with a few tweaks, whenever I want an easy recipe to prepare for dinner.  Since hubby was out last night, I was able to take my time with dinner (we usually make a speedy dinner in about half an hour when we're home together).  On the menu, Ina's abbreviated roast chicken recipe and my adapted version of Bobby Flay's Caramelized Onion Sweet Potato Salad.  For the chicken, I didn't include the carrots or fennel this time, and for some reason it took forever to cook.  I pan seared it first, then baked it, and it still wasn't fully cooked so I pan fried it again.  Weird.  For the sweet potato salad, I added mangoes, which turned out to be a fantastic addition and perfect for the summer.  Next time, I would use less orange zest since the orange flavor was a bit intense.  No photos this time, but take my word, it was delicious.

HAVE A HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments: