What's better than fresh figs drizzled with honey for a midday snack?
Maybe homemade bbq chicken and cole slaw for dinner....And homemade chocolate cupcakes with Nutella for dessert (plus one for breakfast and a midday snack).
|Photo by chockylit|
Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake (makes 24 cupcakes / 350 degree oven)
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure out everything but the eggs directly into your mixer bowl.
- Mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, beat on high speed again for 2 minutes.
- Measure out into cupcake pan lined with cupcake papers. A 2″ ice cream scoop works great for this. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly in the pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely before frosting.
1 stick butter
1/2 cup cocoa
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
~1/4 cup milk
- Beat butter on high for about 30 seconds until soft.
- Add cocoa and 1 cup of sugar and beat until incorporated
- Add half of the milk and the remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Continue to add milk until you get to the consistency you want.