February 9, 2011

Our First Place: The Beginning

Pin It now!
I'm so excited to be a homeowner!  I finally feel invested in a place where we can plant roots, and it feels like an actual home.  Well, it will be once we're done decorating.  For the next few months, I'll be posting a MMINY series of how Michael and I will be transforming this empty apartment into our first home.  When you (literally!) have an empty white box to start with, it can be overwhelming.  We're going to take small steps and hopefully turn this already beautiful apartment into the home of our dreams.  There are so many fabulous choices and I really just have to start committing.  And we have a budget to follow!

Here's a first photo - it's not a work in progress, but I figured we'll start somewhere.  I love our new washer and dryer.  I love how in it's in the apartment and I don't need to go down to the basement or make sure I have enough quarters.  I can wash my clothes at 2am if I really wanted to.  Love it.

The washer and dryer are both Bosch Axxis series machines.  Lots of settings to choose from, energy efficient (I think most machines are today), and really quiet.

Love it.

No comments: