March 6, 2011

Our First Place: Rug Fail!

Pin It now! I ordered the living room rug from Overstock and expected a grey rug with a black swirly design.  Instead, we received an olive green rug.  I keep looking at it and thinking that it might work, but we're not settling and we're sending this green monster back.  Luckily, because Overstock got the wrong color, they're taking care of the return.  Good customer service!


And I guess I've finally showed you our couch!  It's the Zen couch from Macy's in Oyster.  Do you also see the bench on the left?  It's the Andulacia walnut bench from Overstock. (Love it!)  We needed something for that part of the room, but didn't want to block the floor to ceiling windows with a large piece of furniture.  The bench adds to the design but doesn't take the focus away from the open windows. 

I know this decorating and designing is slow moving, but it's coming along.  I'm not the kind of person that can put a whole room together.  It seems I have to get things in the room first, reassess, and then continue with the next item.  I think once we get the rug (hopefully this weekend!), it'll ground the room and make it easier to pull the rest together.

No comments: