May 20, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Pin It now! Today I'm off from work but still have a lot on my plate.  I'm visiting the Bronx Zoo ahead of the wedding I'm planning there in June, going downtown to get out of jury duty, doctors appointments, pick up a present for M's niece's birthday, drinks with someone looking for a job at my company and possibly stopping by hubby's IT happy hour.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it, but as always, I do better under pressure and when there's a lot on my plate.  I'm sure it'll feel completely satisfying tonight after I'm done with everything.

Any plans for the weekend?  The rain has stopped so go enjoy the beautiful weather!  We're going to stop by Smorgasburg's opening day tomorrow and we have a 30th birthday party in the building.  Oh yeah, and if you haven't already heard, it's the end of the world tomorrow too.  On Sunday, we're off to Staten Island for the whole day (with a stop at IKEA).

Yesterday, I got lunch at the free Korean food truck near my office.  It was hosted by the "Taste of Korea" Food Truck and I got a nice FREE portion of LA kalbi (not sure why it's called LA, it looked like regular kalbi).  The line was ridiculously long but the truck is only promoting free food and itself until today so it was worth it.  The portion was a bit small, but hey, it was FREE!

Food trucks have really blown up in the city lately.  They were always popular, but it seems there are now at least two food trucks on every block in midtown.  More on them in a later post soon...

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: