May 23, 2011

The Weekend

Pin It now! How was everyone's weekend?  I hope you enjoyed the short bursts of summer we had on Saturday!

We had a friend's 30th birthday BBQ party in our building on Saturday.  I love that we didn't have to go very far (you can tell I'm making not traveling far a theme lately).  M's friend is the executive sous chef at Union Square Cafe and he made the most gourmet bbq party food I've had (sorry Dad). Juicy and flavorful burgers, chile-rubbed shrimp, grilled asparagus, and mango-fennel slaw.  Seriously, I wish I had more of everything right now - it was that good!

The party may have made it up to one of the empty penthouse apartments at one point.  How else can you get such a gorgeous sunset (courtesy of the hubs).

Our new neighbor friends are fantastic, and we just met their friends who opened up to us as if we've been friends for a long time.  I love people who are like that.  It was really nice be with new people and be completely comfortable with them.  And we were just invited to our neighbors' wedding in Costa Rica in November!

No comments: