August 31, 2012

The Lumineers to Start Your Long Holiday Weekend

Pin It now! Hi last day of August.  I'm starting to slowly ease into the end of summer. Very slowly. I'm trying to hold on as long as I can, but you can tell the weather is getting a little chilly at night and in the mornings.  It's definitely get darker out earlier too.  Suck every ounce of summer out of this last unofficial weekend of the summer!

The Lumineers are one of my new favorite bands and I've listened to Ho Hey about a million times
already.  If you haven't already heard of them, they're a Denver-based folk rock band (although Wikipedia says they're originally from Ramsey, NJ - yay, tri-state! - and you know Wikipedia is always right).  They sort of remind me of Rusted Root - does anyone remember this band from the 90's?  I used to love them in my hippie, folky, grungy 90's days.  Anyway, I'm loving their sound and Ho Hey is one of those songs you can put in a soundtrack if your life were made into a movie or video montage (and you know how I really love that).




HAVE A WONDERFUL LABOR DAY!
~ see you on the other side of summer ~

No comments: