June 13, 2012

Have You Eaten At...?

Pin It now! Brokelyn has a new web series called Brokelandia and it's hilarious.  It's a spoof/spin-off on the IFC Channel show Portlandia with Fred Armisen.  I've only watched a few episodes of Portlandia, but it reminds me of a modern day hipster Seinfeld.  Really random stuff but relevant and has probably happened to you in your life.  And Brokelandia doesn't disappoint.  It shows how entitled, specialized, and productive this "special society" of foodies has been and has become.  Plus, I've definitely had this happen to me in real life.  I actually had a moment while sitting in a new restaurant/bar that took a few million dollars to make it look really old where someone else from Brooklyn asked me, "Did you eat it?", "Have you eaten at...?", "Have you had the...at...?"  It went on for a half hour. And this happens all the time, or maybe I'm just noticing it more.  Either way, it's hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. 


Speaking of the Brooklyn food scene.  Check out Brooklyn Magazine's Brooklyn Foodie quiz (I scored a 18!) and NY Magazine's write-up on the yummy artisanal food we have here in the hood.  Yeah, I've eaten (some of) it.

No comments: